Monday, February 8, 2010

Cleaning the castle - the privy

As I am sure you have guessed, I'm having a bit of trouble adjusting from my life of leisure to one with many more mundane tasks. While being a mom is great, being an ex-princess leaves me often looking at some situation thinking, "Shouldn't I have people to deal with this???"

Our main bathroom is located directly across from Prince Shut Up's room. I hate to clean it after he is asleep, but it's impossible to do this while he is awake. Needless to say, it was getting neglected and I have been stressing over germs. A few months ago, after putting the little prince in the tub, I noted the sink mirror was covered with tooth brush splatters. I grabbed a Clorox Wipe and cleaned it. Please note that the little prince is just over two, so I am now to the point that I can let him play in the tub without one hand on him BUT I would never leave the bathroom or take my eyes off of him for more than a few seconds. It's amazing how quickly he can grab a shampoo bottle, open it, and start dumping it. I was so thrilled to have a clean mirror! The next night, I cleaned the sink/vanity. WOW. Looking great. The next night, I cleaned the floor (very small bathroom) with two wipes. Hmm. I'm onto something.

I can now clean the entire bathroom, in less than 15 minutes, with six Clorox wipes. OK not the tub, since he's in it, but you get my point. That's why I have the automatic tub/shower cleaner that you hang up in your tub. I will admit this is not efficient! It is also not "green"! The point is, I have a clean bathroom, which means less stress. Keeping my sanity is my main goal. Being "green" is just a bit lower on the list (but very important).

I need to see if some company makes a "green" wipe. I know, I know... I could just use a rag or paper towel and my bottle of green cleaning stuff, but I need something pre-made that I can keep in the bathroom. If I had to think about it or plan it, heaven forbid, it would NEVER get done.

NOTE: before I start getting hate mail, I am not "too good" to clean toilets. I worked as a janitor in a department store one summer when I was in college (had two jobs that year). My point is now that I work full time and have kids, I should have a live-in maid/nanny/butler/whatever. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment